Friday 7 September 2007

Haircut day

It was a rather daunting prospect for me, seeing as my hair has been cut by the same hairdresser for the last 20 odd years! But I don't have any choice about it now that we are out here, so with some trepidation we both headed down to the little 'coiffeuse' in Massat, 5 mins down the road to see what she could do. Fortunately, she did a reasonable job and I dont feel like I need to hide away in a corner with a paper bag over my head, although she did take off rather more than I would have liked! Still, at least I won't have to go again for another couple of months. Andy's comment was 'she 'ain't no barber'! But I think his shorter cut looks just fine.

The other bit of news to report is that the climbing red rose that I planted next to the front door has flowered! I have always wanted a climbing red rose and at last I have my wish :-)
Apart from that bit of excitement, it has been a thoroughly uneventful day, although we have taken the decision to start on the attic which is going to be a major job and I will be posting photos as we go along. This afternoon, we have cleared all of our outdoor gear out of there and once Andy has put all of his tools away we can clear them out and then start pulling the 'lambris' pine panelling and old insulation down which is going to be a filthy job and will require full body cover, goggles and face mask. Those insulation fibres are nasty things. We have got just under 3 weeks before Trudi and Julian will be popping down for a couple of days, so we are going to have to pull our fingers out. However, we can always lodge people next door at Claudine's if the space is not ready to be occupied, which is a good back-stop :-) I am really looking forward to making the attic into a lovely guest space with its big old beams and great view out of the velux!

No comments: