Sunday 16 March 2008

Climbing!

It has been too long, but today I intended to join Lee, Dave, Ian and Nina down at our little local crag at Biert for a spot of climbing action. However, first I had to find the place! I actually wasted over an hour trying to find the crag by making the mistake of following the 'Site d'escalade' signs which took me way up through the woodland onto the 'Ker' above Biert where I stumbled upon the 'grotte supérieure' or cave where there were a few hardcore climbs..... NOT where I wanted to be. But the view towards Massat was nice and I saw loads of pretty little woodland flowers which included a Helleborus Viridis...
and a carpet of Colidaris Solida
In the end I gave up looking for the crag and headed back down to the car. As I drove back towards Massat, I glanced over to my right and glimpsed a red top on a bit of rock .... aha! Maybe that was where I needed to be! Indeed it was. I parked up, The rock looked good and the others had already ticked the lower grade climbs in the left hand sectors and Lee was about to start up a nice looking 5a. I wasn't ready to lead but was happy to second up the route.... it was so nice to touch rock and to get my climbing muscles working again after more than 2 yrs. Nina had a bash at a nice looking route further along the crag.... and Lee did a good lead on a 5b which again I was quite happy to second....


It was fun, great to meet some new people and above all it was fantastic to be climbing again. I hope it won't be too long before we get back on the rock again :-)

2 comments:

Lee Sharp said...

The flowers by the way are a pink corydalis and a hellebore

penny said...

I have just discovered that :-) Taa.