Monday 5 January 2009

Mont d'Olmes

We had a fantastic afternoon skiing with P&K under more sunny blue skies at the Mont d'Olmes ski resort today, just over an hour from Pissou. It may be small, but it is perfectly formed and wonderfully quiet now that the holiday period is over. The snow was hard and icy and some of the runs were steep and featured which made for an interesting time. But I got my edges in and felt that I skiied really well, which has boosted my confidence enormously. The only thing that spoilt the afternoon was my altercation with the button lifts, which resulted in my being ejected into a flailing heap in a rather unlady-like manner on two occasions. Oh well, at least there were few people in the vicinity to laugh at me and at least I didn't fall over whilst actually skiing!

No comments: