Tuesday 8 April 2008

A bit of a run

My exercise over the last couple of days has consisted of some bramble clearing next to the chemin just up from the house and that has been about it. So today, with fine weather still with us, I headed out with the pooch to do the Caougnous/Peguere/Route Forestiere/Espies circuit which I really enjoy. I was feeling strong from the outset so decided to see just how quickly I could do the 12.4km circuit which includes approx 400m of ascent. I ran as much of the road up to the Col de Peguere as I could and then legged it along the route forestiere and back down the hill through the woods using the ages old 'chemin creux' to Espies and then cross country back home. I made it in 1 hr 44 mins which was nearly 15 mins quicker than the last time I did that route at the end of March. That'll do me :-)

I am hoping my new bike saddle is going to turn up in the next few days so I can get back on the roadie for some more Col action. Let's hope the weather doesn't deteriorate.

No comments: