Saturday 12 April 2008

Exploring

St Girons market this morning, where I acquired some more herb plants, strawberry plants, chilli plants and lettuces. Hopefully this year we will be able to enjoy some homegrown produce!

It was lovely weather this morning, but it was due to deteriorate this afternoon, so I got out with the pooch after lunch for a bit of a walk/jog/run thing. I headed from Pissou, through the woods to Eycherboul and then down to the road and left up the Canadelles marked footpath. However, a short way along, I noticed a footpath sign for the Gite de Liers which is high up on the hillside, further up the valley. I was keen to link up some more circuits, so followed the good, waymarked path up through lovely woodland, past old 'granges' and eventually emerged onto a footpath which afforded superb views back down the valley to Massat in one direction and up to the snow-covered Col de la Pourtenelle and Pic des Trois Seigneurs in the other. Damn, I hadn't brought my camera! I reached the Gite from where I knew of an unmarked footpath which would take me back down to the start of the Canadelles footpath, countouring the hillside through the woodland. From there, back up to Eycherboul and back through the woodland to Pissou. It was a lovely outing, not overly long, but very pleasant and with the potential to extend the route beyond the Gite de Liers and further up the valley towards the higher hills in the future. Now that will be a nice outing!

No comments: