Saturday 5 April 2008

Cycling

I was joined by Lee today for a trip on the roadies up to the Etang de Lers. I had not yet done the 13km ride with 700m of ascent up to the Etang (from Massat) without a rest, as it contains some fairly stiff sections which in the past have left me gasping for breath. I was determined to make this ride the one where I could push on up to the top in one go. It was only Lee's second outing on his roadie, so I was quietly confident that he wasn't going to give me a beasting!

To my surprise, I DID make it to the Etang without a pause and even had some energy left in my legs and my lungs when we reached the top. The view back down the valley made the exertion worthwhile.
Lee was optimistic that we could push on up to the Col d'Agnes and drop down into Aulus. However, last week's snow on the road prevented us from proceeding any further, which was disappointing. Still, I am sure there will be plenty of time and opportunity later in the year for such shenanigans!

After a quick buttie and stretch of the legs, we enjoyed a fast (reaching 53 kph at one point!), fun descent back down into Massat where we had a swift half outside the Globe cafe before I headed back up to Pissou. It was a good outing and I am pleased I can now tick that one off my list! More please!

The rest of the day was spent sunbathing on the terrasse in the unseasonably warm temperatures :-)

No comments: