Friday 13 November 2009

And so the weather improves

Yesterday saw the first clear day for 10 days here. We took the opportunity to split the ash that we logged 2 weeks ago. It is beautiful, well-seasoned, premium wood, of the perfect size for the woodburner. There is more where it came from too, which is a big bonus at this time of year!

Today, my legs felt fully recovered after Tuesday's snowshoe exertions, so I popped over the Col de Port to meet up with Pat for a bit of a run, part of our training for the 20km (with 1000m of ascent) Trail des Citadelles in early April 2010. She is recovering from a cold so it was a steady outing, starting at Saint Felix de Rieutort, on tracks, trails and footpaths, 11km with 252m of ascent which we ran without a break. Everything was working well and I felt good! The best thing was that I came home with a pair of Adidas Kanadia trail running shoes, which Pat had bought but were too small for her. They have a fantastic, aggressive sole and fit me perfectly. I can see them coming in useful at the Citadelles!

No comments: