Thursday 19 November 2009

A black mtb circuit

Pat and I were supposed to be doing a run today but we had a last minute change of plan due to the current superb weather and opted instead to do a mountain bike circuit that has, until now, been unchallenged by our goodselves. This is because it is a black circuit. It is 21km long with 817m of ascent. Hard. But today was as good a day as any to throw ourselves at it and it turned out to be a rather more pleasurable ride than the only other black that I have ridden with Pat.Route-finding in parts was, however, tricky as somebody, in their wisdom, had taken down the FFC waymarkers. But the riding was fun with no really technical sections, some fantastic downhills on which we could let loose and some steady, rideable climbs in beautiful scenery. I have a new, fatter tyre on my rear wheel and really noticed the increased 'grippiness' on muddier sections. It ws a cracking outing! Here is the profile of the undulating circuitAnd on the way home I was treated to a beautiful sunset as I came down the road from the Col de Port

No comments: