Sunday 17 February 2008

Today, I am feeling the effects of the 3.6kms of hill intervals that I did yesterday. My 'climbing' muscles deep in my bum and also my quads are letting me know that I did actually work them quite hard yesterday. But the weather has been so good again today and Andy is feeling better and fancied an easy run out, so out we went - I reckoned a gentle stretch of the legs would be just what I needed. So we parked the car up at the Col de Peguère and headed up to the Cap de Carmil, from where we took a new route, which was a steep descent on the GR de Pays down, through woodland, before climbing again up to the Pic de Razels. The lack of snow up at the Cap de Carmil was very noticeable with only this small cornice remaining from the last snowfall that we had some weeks ago. There has been no significant rainfall for over a month now and the local talk is of a drought this summer, with no change in the weather forecast before the end of the month!

I took the ascent and descent very steadily, trying to stretch out my legs as I went, conscious of the fatigue that they were experiencing. It was a nice steady outing, 8.4kms in total, with 535m of ascent. The views from the Pic de Razels were just beautiful, although the smoke from the controlled fires in the area spoilt the clarity of the light on this occasion

No comments: