Sunday 2 January 2011

First run of the year

And it was a good one! Around here, it is generally mudsville underfoot. The paths are not pleasant to run on and I have not been inspired to get out to stretch the legs. However, I remembered this morning that the Plateau de Sault has a fantastic network of forest tracks and hardpack trails and I fancied having another crack at the Trail de Pays de Sault circuit that I ran back in June 2009. On that occasion, I finished the race in a fair amount of discomfort thanks to my tight glutes and ITBs. But this time was a different story. I had a cracking run on great tracks and trails and felt strong from the outset - despite stopping a couple of times to check the route, I still finished the 15km circuit in exactly the same time as I did 18 months ago and without the pain! With some fuelling and no stops, I could get down to 1 hr 30 m, I am sure. 2011 is going to be a good year, I can feel it in me bones. Full stats on the usual site

Oh.... and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!

No comments: