Friday 7 August 2009

Blighty business

I have been back in the UK for nearly a week and time has gone so quickly. I have been at mum's in Dorset where we had my sister, husband and kids to entertain us until yesterday. The week has included celebration of mum's 72nd birthday (yes folks, she really is 72!!)... ... a visit to the very special Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour (must go back another day and spend more time there)...... a very heavy legged, steady 10km run on superb tracks and paths around Badbury Rings on Monday (for which I was rewarded with not inconsequential pain and discomfort next day), followed by a similar length 'run' on some lovely New Forest tracks and trails today accompanied by my son, Jamie. Again, legs of lead, heavy and stiff ..... getting a tad fed up of it now as it is demoralising and worrying! But still, it was good to get out and the New Forest ponies are in fine form.......and the tracks are just superb
Looking forward to more of the same next time I am in Dorset. Been lovely to spend some time with my laddy too and also his girlfriend who I had not met before. But time to go home, where I gather it is raining and stormy! But it won't last ;-)

No comments: