Monday 2 February 2009

It just isn't possible any more :-(

I wish it was. But I am not 25 any more.... or even 35 for that matter. No, my body is not allowing me to forget that I crossed the '40' threshold more than just a couple of years ago. No longer can I get away with having a good run or a bike ride or a ski session without any after-effects. After my last run with Andy and Kev I felt that everything just seized up and my short ride on the roadie yesterday left me tired and stiff. It took a good 30 minutes of concerted stretching yesterday evening for my poor body to loosen up a bit. This morning, I had another 30 minute stretching session before heading over to Pat and Kev's for a run. I also filled my Camelbak with rocket fuel (SIS 'Go' mix!) and guess what, my body responded to the tender loving care that I was lavishing on it. 14.5kms/300m of ascent/1 hr 48 mins of pretty much constant running on footpaths and tracks around Laroque d'Olmes and I could have carried on! I am not falling to bits after all, it IS possible to do all these sports/activities that I want to do. If paying heed to the needs of my ageing muscles and bones is a pre-requisite for me to succeed, then what else is a girl to do! :-)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yes, might be good to take time to recover now and then. Says the one that stopped running 15 years ago...