Tuesday 10 February 2009

Mud

Snow was forecast to move in this afternoon with similar conditions through to the weekend. Today would be my last chance to get out for a run for a few days, so I headed down to meet up with Pat for a circular route from her house. It was wet underfoot, very wet... in fact it was serious mudsville in many places which made the going 'interesting'.However, we were able to test ourselves on some good, drier uphill sections on which we were able to keep running which is a good indication of our improved fitness levels. Considering the conditions underfoot, I was please to complete the 15.3kms with 400m of ascent in 2 hrs. Just as I was leaving their house, the conditions worsened and I was treated to horizontal sleet as I headed back to Foix. I was only just able to make it back over the Col de Port in time before the settling snow made it impassable. It was a serious blizzard up there and I would not have liked to have been stranded! We are in for a snowy, windy few days, but the forecast is for clearer weather at the weekend.

No comments: