Friday 27 February 2009

Hot

We have been enjoying some truely spring-like temperatures over the past few days. Today, it has reached 16 degrees in the shade and it is wonderfully warm, even hot in the sun. We have seen some beautiful bright yellow butterflies around Pissou and the spring flowers are also coming out. The bulbs that I planted with mum back in the autumn are coming along a treat and the irises are already in flower - lovely!

After spending the morning stripping, sanding and priming the 2nd porte-fenetre in the sun on the terrasse, I took the bike for a short spin up towards the Etang de l'Hers. It may be hot in the sun, but there are sections of the road up there where the sun's rays cannot yet reach and the difference in temperature was dramatic. There is still a fair bit of snow on the ground above 1000m but I would imagine much of it is now turning to slushsville in these spring-like conditionsThe weather is set to change Sunday night/Monday. I will be back in the UK then for a week where I understand a spell of poor weather is also forecast! Oh well, at least I won't be missing out on any sunshine.

No comments: