Wednesday 2 September 2009

Getting the legs working

We had lovely weather here yesterday so Gem and I and our bikes took the Mont Chery lift up the hill and did a nice little 8km circuit along very pleasant and fun tracks and trails which was then followed by an interesting downhill route which was far too technical for my liking! Without full body armour, I am simply not brave enough to throw myself down such terrain which is littered with exposed tree routes, loose rocks and gravel, with tight turns and steep drop offs - and that was only a 'green'! So in the afternoon, I took myself off on a waymarked 15km cross country trail which included 300m of ascent. It was fantastic and afforded some great views of Mont Blancand of the high mountain pastures above les Gets ... just beautiful.By late afternoon, the storms had moved in and we had a lot of rain overnight. But I awoke to clear skies this morning. It took me a while to get going, but I eventually got myself onto the Mont Chery lift and headed up to the halfway station from where I ran/walked the 2.5km to the peak at the top which gave another stunning vistaall the way down to Morzine in the valley belowFrom the top, I picked up various waymarked paths and ran back down to les Gets (700m of descent) which was fun but steep in places. I got back just in time as more storms and heavy rain rolled in at lunchtime. Forecast is not fantastic for the next 2 days, but hopefully we will have enough clear weather to get in some more running or mountain biking action.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Pas mal, pas mal...presque aussi bien que les Pyrénées!