Friday 12 June 2009

Back to the Cols

We headed down to Foix first thing this morning. Andy was booked in for his first individual French lesson with Martine (which turned out to be a very positive experience which is great news), so I took advantage of being over that way to cycle from Foix back home, which of course includes the ascent of the Col de Port. I last did the Col de Port in January 2008 with Pat so it was about time for a re-match! The weather early this morning was perfect, late teens/early 20s, calm and with clear blue skies. The ride went well. I wore my heart rate monitor and my heart rate stayed steady and consistent throughout the ride, even on the ascent, although my legs reminded me that it has been quite some while since I did any climbing on the bike. Some stretching to be done this afternoon and hopefully I will be able to loosen up sufficiently to enjoy the Trail du Pays de Sault on Sunday which is an 18km trail race with 400m of ascent. It is going to be hot, into the 30s, so fuel and hydration will be critical. It should be fun!

No comments: