Tuesday 29 December 2009

Rematch (partial)

We needed to head down to Foix to get some more bits and bobs to finish off the kitchen today, so I took the opportunity of being 'over the other side' to have a rematch with the Dalou trail race circuit. I wasn't going to have time to do the full circuit but I wasn't too concerned, as the last 3.5kms includes a 2km steep uphill slog (250m of ascent)! That can wait for another day

It has been grey and dull today, following some overnight rain and the going underfoot was wet and claggy on the higher paths which made for slippery, slow and muddy progress in parts. The two ascents were as hard work as they were back in May when I last did the circuit and I really wasn't feeling inspired or motivated to really push myself today. My lungs seemed to be struggling again, so I must get a programme together to work on improving their efficiency if I am going to make any real progress. A useful outing all the same - sum total, 9kms, 430m of ascent in 1 hr 9 mins.

No comments: