Friday 5 March 2010

Moving on

Yesterday afternoon, Andy and I had a mooch up the Langdale Valley from Chapel Stile, taking advantage of the clear blue sky and beautiful sunshine on our last day in the Lakes. It was rounded off by a swift half of Black Sheep ale at the Old Dungeon Gill - sweet!
Today, we are back in the Peak District. The house is now totally cleared and the keys handed over to the solicitor. I have shut the door on Huntingtower Rd for the last time. Although I have many happy memories, collected over a period of 17 years, I am actually very relieved to have sold the house. Letting it out to tenants was more hassle than it was worth. Time to let go and move on.

We are now in a lovely little cottage in Bakewell for the next week. That's the beauty of being self-employed and having a business that can be run from anywhere in the world where there is an internet connection - no pressing need to return home! I intend to enjoy the coming week in the Peak District, running on the gritstone edges and the peakland moors and catching up with some more friends. But at the end of the week, I suppose we really should consider a return to Pissou.... maybe :-)

No comments: